“You see, one doesn’t see exactly where or how to move. Believe me, this is true. Each act, each occasion, is worse than the last, but only a little worse. You wait for the next and the next. You wait for one great shocking occasion, thinking that others, when such a shock comes, will join with you in resisting somehow.
But the one great shocking occasion, when tens or hundreds or thousands will join with you, never comes. That’s the difficulty. If the last and worst act of the whole regime had come immediately after the first and smallest, thousands, yes, millions would have been sufficiently shocked–if, let us say, the gassing of the Jews in ’43 had come immediately after the ‘German Firm’ stickers on the windows of non-Jewish shops in ’33.
But of course this isn’t the way it happens. In between come all the hundreds of little steps, some of them imperceptible, each of them preparing you not to be shocked by the next. Step C is not so much worse than Step B, and, if you did not make a stand at Step B, why should you at Step C? And so on to Step D.
- When they came for the Sheepdogs at Malheur
- LaVoy Finicum – Clinton – Putin – You know where this is going folks….
- 1400 Pink Slips – You didn’t build that “jobs jobs jobs” promise Hussein…Obama…
- The last hours at Burns/Malheur wildlife refuge
- Deep State – Mastering The Human Terrain
- Malheur Link Dump – 11 FEB
- Breaking: Malheur Open Thread
- Ladies and Gentleman… your BLM
- Consequences of using your 1st Amendment in America today – part 2
- Consequences of using your 1st Amendment in America today – death and solitary confinement!